I just can't believe it's August!
Jeannie's News & Notes:
I've been acting like a child and refusing to go see the doctor all week long. Which means that another week is gone and my hand is still aching and I'm still and . Oh well. Maybe this week I'll get my ass in gear . . .
(1) Daily Deviations. This week has been DD-tastic! If you were paying attention, you probably already know that on 8/04 I suggested THREE of the day's DDs.
Here's a recap for the week of all my suggestions that successfully made it to DD status:
featured by Majnouna / featured by Nyx-Valentine
featured by cosfrog / featured by opioid
featured by orangefruits
(2) How To Suggest A Daily Deviations</i>. As I was finally finishing up my little How-To, I discovered this:
“Suggesting A DD For Dummies” covers everything you need to know. So check that out and get suggesting! Even if you only have time to suggest 1 DD every few weeks, let me tell you, it still feels AMAZING when you know that you have done something nice for a worthy fellow artist.
(3) New Semi-Weekly Feature. I decided to put together a new feature for art that I have suggested for DDs, but has not yet been selected for this honor. "A Hint of a Lingering Suggestion" will be semi-weekly, authored as time allows. For a glance at the third installment, visit: news.deviantart.com/article/88…
(4) “Let’s Play With Ketchup” continues to be my most popular feature yet! Can you believe it has been 17 weeks since this saga first began?
Week 17: news.deviantart.com/article/88…
Week 16: news.deviantart.com/article/87…
Week 13-15: news.deviantart.com/article/85… & news.deviantart.com/article/86… & news.deviantart.com/article/87…
Week 10-12: news.deviantart.com/article/83… & news.deviantart.com/article/84… & news.deviantart.com/article/85…
Week 7-9: news.deviantart.com/article/81… & news.deviantart.com/article/82… & news.deviantart.com/article/82…
Week 4-6: news.deviantart.com/article/79… & news.deviantart.com/article/80… & news.deviantart.com/article/80…
Weeks 1-3: news.deviantart.com/article/77… & news.deviantart.com/article/78… & news.deviantart.com/article/79…
(5) Warm Bodies Needed! Okay, well, that would really be "Models Needed". I have a dozen or so projects that I would really, really like to get rolling on and I'm in need of those that are interested in more conceptual art: art for the sake of art, not just looking pretty. Specifically, I am searching for ladies and gents aged 18+ (with preference to 21+) who are willing to do some art nude work (mostly outdoors); female models open to dark/macabre and fetish-oriented imagery (shot in various abandonments); female models aged 18+ open to some slightly sexy/risque imagery (light bondage, domination themes, latex & leather, foot fetish, see-through clothing, etc.); and any models open to artistic-based conceptual ideas. All of these shoots would be TFCD for you. I am open to men and women of all shapes and sizes, professional or non-professional models, but require that you are taking the shoot on out of a legitimate intrigue...not just to get free photographs for your MySpace/Facebook. If you are interested, please e-mail me at JeannieBluePhoto@gmail.com. If you know someone who might be interested, please feel free to pass this information along.
(6) Back To The Future. I always find it tacky when artists author a huge feature and stick in 30 of their newest deviations. Clearly if you're reading this, you probably have some kind of idea of what my latest works look like, right? Of course, I do still love to promote my own work , so let's compromise. Each week in this journal, I'm going to toss out ONE piece of my art that's over one year old. This way, we can all look back in time and laugh at how horrible my technique was; smile at a piece that is still a gem; or simply reminisce about a past model that we all adored. So let's roll!
Week 4 - Nucking Futs
I always love working with Lindsey. When I suggest anything crazy, she always seems to be able to take it one step further. As was clearly the case when I said, "Want to shoot in a laundromat? With roller-skates?" She jumped for it and brought along a crazy bright wardrobe and the infamous banana that made it into some of the shots.
And of course, I cannot sign off for the week without first taking a moment to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dA!!! Nine years-old! Wow! Pretty soon you'll be a teenage rebel, then it'll be 18 and out-of-control and then . . . 21 and Vegas, baby, Vegas!
Dead Is The New Alive,