<-- How freakin' adorable is he?
Jeannie's News & Notes:
This week has flown right past, and yet, I don't know that I could tell you anything exciting I did besides clean the house. Thrilling, yes?
(1) Daily Deviations. Much love this week for some super fabulous deviants!
featured by `orangefruits / featured by `cosfrog
featured by `opioid
(2) Contest. Okay, so here's the deal: I announced two weeks ago that I was extending the contest deadline until THIS MONDAY, 9/21/09 @ 12PM EST. That gives you this entire weekend to submit an entry if you forgot, lost track of time, etc. I will NOT accept anything past this deadline as it is unfair to those that submitted their work on time. So if you wish to be part of the contest, you better put those dancing shoes on quickly, kids!!!
I also mentioned last week that we have some new PRIZES for the contest, so check those out:
*vvirtual has graciously offered the winner a large print of their winning entry. You can ad this to your portfolio, frame and hang it...whatever your little heart desires!
And the lovely ~TrAnKoS74 has agreed to feature our winner in an upcoming journal entry.
Additionally, there will be a surprise judge going over the entries with me. I don't want to name names, but I heard that this deviant is an International sensation!!!
(3) “Let’s Play With Ketchup” is still rolling, rolling, rolling. In fact, it continues to be one of my most popular features. Can you believe that we are edging up on six months?
Week 23: [link]
Week 22: [link]
Week 19-21: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 16-18: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 13-15: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 10-12: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 7-9: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 4-6: [link] & [link] & [link]
Weeks 1-3: [link] & [link] & [link]
(4) Image of the Week. Hark, I hath had an epiphany! Since I was unable to maintain my Deviation of the Day feature due to lack of available free time, I have decided to ressurect the idea in a much simpler format: Image of the Week on the ShoutBoard. This will be a weekly spotlight for one piece of artwork I absolutely worship and adore; the image that I DEMAND you go and give your love to! How’s that?
(5) You know you love me! Last week I mentioned that one of my other favorite people here at dA- the beautiful and talented *Ptollemy- took it upon herself to make an adorable little Stamp for me, to support my art. Have you added it to your profile yet?
(6) Warped Tour 2009. You can see some additional Warped Tour images shot by yours truly at the following website:
(7) A Hint Of A Lingering Suggestion. This feature returned this week for its 8th edition. Boy, time flies. You can see those deviants that I have suggested for DDs @
(8) 2010 Merchandise. Notecards, prints & posters, calendars...OH MY! My official 2010 Nature Calendar is now available @ [link]
The cover features a never-before seen image with graphic work by the beautifully talented Jutta @ ~diesnail These calendars are oversized at 17 x 11 inches and feature 12-months of NATURE photography by yours truly. Honestly, I'm exceptionally proud of this calendar and cannot wait for my own copy to arrive in the mail! If I had to choose, I would choose this calendar. Though if you are waiting for a portrait calendar, that is on its way shortly (at CafePress); as well as a calendar that will combine the very best of the two (at dA only).
(9) Back To The Future. Each week in this journal, I've taken it upon myself to toss out ONE piece of my art that's over one year old. A little self-promo, if you will, but in a subtle, tasteful manner. So, let's roll!
Week 10 - The Rebel
One of my favorite images that I've ever shot, even if it's lacking (technically speaking). It was sheer luck that I happened upon this family that day, and the little guy off on his own going against his family....always reminded me of myself in some small way.
Alright, folks. Next week I will post a double-entry, as I will be away from my desk for the majority of the first week of October. I'm very, very excited to announce that I have a friend from St. Louis coming to stay with me, and we will be road-tripping to Connecticut to see some old friends of ours (who just so happen to play in a band). So I expect a ton of misadventures and lots of photos! For now, though, I better get my little heels clicking on the start of that double-entry . . . .
Hugs Not Drugs,