Jeannie's News & Notes:
Greetings, alien beings! This has been another busy, busy week. Tons of house-cleaning, shopping, shopping, cleaning. Did I mention I shopping? It's T-Minus four days and counting until my friend Karyn arrives from St. Louis. I haven't seen her in nearly ten years and I cannot freakin' wait!
(1) Exciting News! I was informed on Tuesday that my photograph “Depressionism” is currently in contention to win the New York Newsday “Act 2” Photography Contest. Not sure when a final decision will be made, but just being contacted by Newsday staff and considered is an honor. I'm ridin' the high!
(2) Daily Deviations. Much love this week for some super, extra fabulous deviants!
featured by `opioid / featured by ^Nyx-Valentine
featured by `PorcelainPoet / featured by `cosfrog
featured by `orangefruits
(3) Contest. The entries are in and the judging is on like Donkey Kong! I hope to announce our winner in a News Article sometime this week.
(4) “Let’s Play With Ketchup” is still rolling, rolling, rolling. In fact, it continues to be one of my most popular features.
Week 24: [link]
Week 23: [link]
Week 22: [link]
Week 19-21: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 16-18: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 13-15: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 10-12: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 7-9: [link] & [link] & [link]
Week 4-6: [link] & [link] & [link]
Weeks 1-3: [link] & [link] & [link]
(5) Image of the Week. Hark, I hath had an epiphany! Since I was unable to maintain my Deviation of the Day feature due to lack of available free time, I have decided to ressurect the idea in a much simpler format: Image of the Week on the ShoutBoard. This will be a weekly spotlight for one piece of artwork I absolutely worship and adore; the image that I DEMAND you go and give your love to! How’s that?
(6) Warped Tour 2009. You can see some additional Warped Tour images shot by yours truly at the following website:
(7) A Hint Of A Lingering Suggestion. Fifty more Daily Deviation-worthy pieces for your eyes to peruse:
Edition #9 @ [link]
Edition #10 @ [link]
(8) 2010 Merchandise. Folks, the 2010 oversized calendars are in and....I am so proud of these things, I cannot even begin to express to you with words how I feel right now. I am definitely not a gal that toots her own horn, but these things are GORGEOUS! Check 'em out:
Yes, that is what you get when you spend .02 seconds taking a photo!
These are oversized at 17 x 11 inches and feature 12-months of NATURE photography by yours truly. I will be publishing a second calendar that is a 50/50 mix of nature and portraiture images- so if you prefer something that blends all the genres of Jeannie, it will be released in the coming weeks.
(9) Back To The Future. Each week in this journal, I've taken it upon myself to toss out ONE piece of my art that's over one year old. A little self-promo, if you will, but in a subtle, tasteful manner. So, let's roll!
Week 11 - The Littlest Angel
How pissed does he look?
Anyhooters, folks, I will be taking a much-needed and deserved "vacation" later this week and into the next, so consider this your Jeannie Blog-ness for two weeks. I will, however, hopefully get a chance to post a new "Ketchup" on Tuesday...and perhaps one more "Lingering Suggestion" before I pack my bags and serve myself a margarita!
Oh yes, and for anyone in the Land of Connecting Cuts, I will be at Mohegan Sun on Saturday, October 3rd to see my old friends WARRANT play at the Wolf Den at 8PM. Come visit! Say hi! Buy me a drink! Tell me you want to have my puppies . . .
Partyin' Like It's 1989,